This level 1 course is aimed at providing delegates with knowledge of how to identify mental health concerns in children and young people. It gives guidance on how to implement a mental health action plan and covers ways in which a positive mental health community can be supported within the school setting.
This day course will cover:
• Understand what mental health is
• Recognise and approach a child with mental ill health
• Recognise and understand common mental health concerns in children
• How to signpost a child to appropriate help
• Promoting wellbeing and resilience